You Make Changes – Keep Your Insurance Up To Date
Here is a list of common changes that may require updating your insurance policies. If you answer yes to any of the following questions, but have not made sure your policy has been updated, be sure to call your insurance agent.
- Have you changed your address recently?
- Is your home vacant or rented to someone else?
- Have there been any changes to the name on your deed? (Trusts, Estates)
- Have you improved, added on to your home or finished the basement?
- Could there be over $5,000 in damage if water or sewer backed up in your basement?
- Do you have items of value over $250? Special items may need to be listed “scheduled” on your policy. (jewelry, guns, camera, computer equipment, musical instruments, collectibles)
- Do you own or rent property not listed on your policy?
- Do you have a woodstove in your home?
- Do you run a business or keep business property at your home?
- Do you farm or sell produce/ livestock?
- Are the liability limits on your policy adequate to protect all your assets?
- Do you have vehicles or household residents not listed on your policy?
- Do you have autos on your policy not titled to you?
- Does your policy only list liability coverage, but you need coverage for damage to your vehicle?(Comprehensive, Collision)
- Does your healthcare policy pay before your auto policy in case of injury due to an accident?
- Do you have a company car?
- Do you use your vehicle for business?
- Do you choose NOT to wear a helmet when riding your motorcycle? (additional medical coverage required)
- Do you own other vehicles not listed on your policy?(snowmobiles, golf carts, RV’s motorcycles, scooters, recreational vehicles, antique vehicles)
- Is the amount of your life insurance less than double your annual salary?
- Do you need life, health or disability coverage?
Contact the caring experts at Cobb-Hall Insurance for more details.